Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dreams

I just remembered yesterday why I don’t have dreams (other then the fact that I sleep like a rock). The reason is because I hate them. Now, I don’t know if that means much because a lot of people have really graphic night terrors and they survive, but I hate mine.

I don’t remember what it was about other then the fact that it was based on the movie Shaun of the Dead which is a parody of Dawn of the Dead. One of the characters in the film, who was a friend of the main character, had become a zombie. And I had dreamed that he was coming to get me. At one point I remember him scratching at a window next to a front door. I was so scared and when I woke up I was glad that it wasn’t reality.

Now, this is really strange. I get dreams like this about once a month and I’ve had three in the past two days, yet they’ve been the first ones in months, how can this be?

When I asked my father he said that it’s only dreams you remember, like a man (I forget his name) who would hold a spoon in his hand and sleep, only to wake up every time it hit the ground and remembered all his dreams.

Now I replied that really it’s your subconscious that is producing these dreams and you have your subconscious working all the time, which means that dreaming and not remembering them, is the same as being awake. The truth is what is my subconscious doing if I can never recall them, even if I wake up at three in the morning?

I know that I it’s doing something or else I would be seriously messed up. Or am I and I don’t know it?

No comments: