Sunday, January 4, 2009

Personal projects...IB style

The title ‘Personal Project’ brings a sense of dread as soon as someone mentions it. Two weeks ago or more, before we were sent off to have Christmas break, our homeroom teacher told us about something we’re going to have to do because of the fact we are in IB. Apparently everyone in my grade as to present something end of the year during Awards Day, or something of that sort. If we make a guitar like I think one of my friends is doing, then they would have to play it, or choreograph a dance, and then dance it -that sort of thing.

Now, knowing me and my obsession with Psychiatric experiments and research papers, along with writing, I have been thinking about making an essay about the brain. However, for the life of me, though, I can’t think of a decent subject for it. I think I need two things to tie in together, like, how meditation or Buddhism fits into the psyche, or how doctors get to be where they are. Or the generic self image. I have also been thinking about relationships, those fascinate me because of how complicated, but really, hasn’t all of this already been done before? Plus how are you going to prove anything, or ask the right questions?

My mother also mentioned that I should get a hold of the faculty of psychiatry at local universities and I was thinking about asking other people as well, but I need to think of a focus first because I want to make a good impression on people I admire the most. Plus, what’s the point of asking questions when there is no direction?

So anyways, that’s my dilemma now, considering I go back to school tomorrow. I guess I’ll ask a friend who is doing the same sort of thing and maybe do a joint project or something. If anyone has any ideas…don’t hesitate to mention it.

3 comments:

Robin said...

There's a lot of mental illness in the family - maybe something genetic with anecdotal evidence?

Love you lots,
Robin

Keith said...

I am facinated at the concept of psychiatry. Focused as I waasa omn the functions of the soul, and the nature of the mind, I wondered what I do once I find out most psychuiatric doctors are geared to solve brain problems.

Indeed, it is a wild and exciting ride. Indeed, you have a discerning heart that at such a young age would concern yourself with the impressions you make.

Still, if you are serious, there are many questions -if you planned ahead- and you could indeed find much insight by a few directed inquiries... Buena suerte

Anonymous said...

Афтар маладец, [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-bani/56-stroitelstvo-bani-svoimi-rukami.html]стоимость ремонта квартиры[/url]