Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vic

Yes, I’m back and moved yet again. I was inspired to write some more in my blog because I came across another Fan writer’s blog and how interesting her life is, even compared to mine XP. Anyways, I figured I should just put this out there even if now one reads it. I mean, why not?
I have moved again, this time to the big city. Since I started writing this I have lived in three different places, wow. I’m attending a high school art school with about 2000 other people (k-12) and it’s glorious. It’s like everything I am and have become was just to mold me into this person so I can fit in with everyone else. I’m not someone that worries about that sort of thing, but when it happens without you even trying, haha, it’s incredible.
The school is actually split up into the more preppy people or scene kids and those who are more alternative and weird. I’m in the weird group, but I don’t care because it isn’t like we’re outcasts, it’s just a different perspective. And everyone is so close, we always hug (well everyone does, it’s kinda retarded not to), but I’m friends with people way older than me but it doesn’t matter. People don’t tend to notice me because I’m quiet but I also have not made any enemies so far. I find that people are very nice to me compared to how they treat a lot of people, but I think I have a new kid status.
As well, we have three options right now, because I’m in my last year of Junior High, so there aren’t many things to pick but I have French, Art and then Video where I’m writing a screenplay for one of our projects. In art, we have these black hardcover sketch books where we have to do two things in them a week and we will get marked on progress and stuff. It isn’t a percent but rather Excellent, proficient and crap like that. It’s really fun and when I first started, we had to do just squiggles on a page and showing the contrast and placement of things using graphite blocks. That right there showed me that I would never go to another school. The fact that we just spent the whole class doing that, and that our teacher told us to free up our hand sold me right away.
I’m also thinking about what I’m going to take next year. During the summer I’m thinking of doing PE 10 so that I don’t have to do it using the year and block up more important subjects. I’m also going to try and take a correspondence course for Psychology but I doubt that will happen. I found out that if you get higher than 80% in Social Studies you can’t take Psychology, Philosophy or any of the other cooler types for grade 11. That seriously bites. All I know is that I’m taking Bio and Photography.
I also found that Vic has a huge amount of Anime fans and an Anime club I attend twice a week. I guess it’s inevitable that people would like it, with so much Japanese influence nowadays and the amount of effort it takes to make really good anime and manga characters would fit with the alternative/punk/weird/emo groups that are all around the school. I’m just surprised that I have so much in common with people.

No comments: