Monday, April 2, 2007

Hey again how's it goin'? I am still trying to update my story and scan those pictures in! Its so frustrating. My muse is totally gone. Well maybe I'll search more stuff on psychology and how the brain reacts to stuff because it always helps to know more about the brain.

I wonder how really good writers write their stuff. I hate plans so the stories I do sometimes have absolutely no backbone. That also sucks because one of my friends has a special ability where she doesn't even have to check her stories over. Her teacher said that that ability is rare: one in one thousand.

I read yesterday in DISCOVER that Autism could do with your immune system and all the metals you digest. I think that would be good because they think that its a new discovery that might cure thousands of people. I would love it. Curing them would help families who would have to care for them into their adulthood (the severe ones) and help out the person.

It said that their was this one boy who had Autism and he used to scream and cry when going to the dentist. They would have to force him to just get his teeth clean. Then they did something and he went to the dentist and was actually helping another boy who was freaked out, telling him it wouldn't hurt and rubbed his back. I think that is pretty impressive. Is anything brain related anymore? It is seeming more and more like the brain is more like an organ and less like a computer.

They don't know about Aspergers though.

I thought I would share that with whoever reads this rambling.

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

From what I've read, good writers write. Every day. About almost anything :) So writing in your blog and writing fan fiction is a very, very good start.

Writing is a job like anything else; I've heard that Stephen King makes himself write so many words (I think 2000 or 3000) every day. If you love it, you'll want to do it.... even through the times when you can't think of anything to say. That's when the habit of writing takes over (if you've been doing it every day).

Learning how to put together stories comes with time, and with reading and writing stuff. There are courses you can take and online resources, too. I found this site about how to write a novel:
http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/novel/

Of course taking a course is a lot of work, so maybe you don't want to do that (I know I'm WAY too lazy). Keep writing, though :)

Love,
Auntie Telle

Morbid Snape said...

Thanks. I got the link and am looking through it. it looks useful so far!

Stephen King wrote that much each day? Whole crap. I probably write that much in a week! well that is what got him famous.